In 1940, an independent dentistry section was set up. It began functioning on 16 May, which is regarded as Founder’s Day for what was to become the university’s Faculty of Dentistry. Professor Colonel Luang Vach Vidyavaddhana was appointed first head of the new section.
The School of Dentistry at Chulalongkorn University was the first of such projects in Thailand. The first class of dental students was comprised of 8 persons. At that time, the section did not have its own premises, but found temporary space to conduct classes in the Science Building of the Faculty of Arts and Science. Studies for dental students were taught by Professor Colonel Luang Vach Vidyavaddhana, Professor Lieutenant Colonel See Sirisingha and Dr. Matin Hanf, a German dentist practicing in Thailand. There were courses in Chemistry, Physiology and Anatomy, which are basic science courses for the medical students. Dental and medical students took courses together at Siriraj Hospital.
On the 24 of June 1941, the Dental section officially opened its own Dental Building in Soi Chulalongkorn 11 (today this is Soi Chulalongkorn 64) on Phayathai Road. The two-storey building was 11 meters wide and 116.30 meters long and cost 149,000 ฺฺBaht. It was designed by an Italian architect, Professor Ercole Manfredi who was a special tutor at Chulalongkorn’s Faculty of Architecture. When the section had their own space, dental studies were shifted from the Science Building to the new building. In the same year, a physician in private practice, i.e Rong Amato Kunsripisach (Tieb Soomsawasdi), formerly a professor in pathology at Siriraj Hospital, became a special tutor in pathology foe dental students. He continued teaching for 23 years, till his death in 1964
By 1943, the University of Medical Sciences had been instituted. The Faculty of Medicine included Dentistry, Pharmacy and Veterinary sections which had been moved from Chulalongkorn University to the University of Medical Sciences. In the same year, Professor Colonel Luang Vach Vidyavaddhana became the first Dean of the new faculty of Dentistry. In 1944, There were six dental students graduated from this Faculty. The matriculation ceremony took place in the meeting room of the Administration Building of the Faculty of Medicine at Siriraj Hospital.