Dental Public Health
Doctor of Philosophy Program in Dental Public Health
3 or 4
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Language of instruction:
48 or 72 credits
There is a shortage of academia and researchers in the field of dental public health resulting in the scarcity of new researches and body of knowledge to mitigate the population’s dental problems and to promote their oral health. Therefore, the International Ph.D. Program in Dental Public Health is an effort to bridge this gap in the field. The program aims at producing highly qualified graduates who are capable of doing researches in or to create a new body of knowledge to alleviate the population’s dental health problems and to foster long-term health for Thais and Asians as a whole.
The program is open to holders of bachelor’s degrees in all fields of dentistry or degrees in biological sciences; and master’s degree holders of all fields of dentistry or M.Sc. degree in biological sciences. The duration of the program is 4 years for bachelor’s degree holders who have to take theory courses in their first year, and 3 years for master’s degree holders. For the latter, students will focus on their dissertation and seminars on important topics in dental public health namely:
Thailand’s first of its kind
Chula’s Ph.D. Program in Dental Public Health is the first of its kind in Thailand. The curriculum provides several schemes to fit the various needs of students, i.e. concentration on research or coursework and research. The program is also open for both bachelor’s and master’s degree holders.
Be at the forefront of the field
In keeping with Chula’s mission, our Ph.D. Program will help produce specialists in the field of dental public health to help lead the academic field and research as well as dental public healthcare. Our Ph.D. candidate has been awarded a scholarship from IADR conference. Moreover, our graduates can be the leaders in their organizations, both locally and internationally, to come up with research projects that would benefit society.
Message from the director
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Pagaporn Pisarnturakit
The program offers 2 main study tracks:
1. Dissertation only
- Program Code – Scheme 1.1 (3252) – for Master’s Degree graduates
2. Coursework and Dissertation
- Program Code – Scheme 2.1 (3253) – for Master’s Degree graduates
- Program Code – Scheme 2.2 (3254) – for Bachelor’s Degree graduates
- 3 years (6 semesters) for Master’s degree applicants
- 4 years (8 semesters) for Bachelor’s degree applicants
|Program scheme 1.1||Program scheme 2.1||Program scheme 2.2|
|Coursework credits |
Required elective courses
The Ph.D. program is offered on a semester basis
August – December
January – May
Qualifications of applicants
- Completed a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree of dentistry and relevant programs (Scheme 2.2) or;
- Completed a master’s degree or equivalent degree of dentistry and relevant programs (Scheme 1.1 and Scheme 2.1)
- Applicants must have English Proficiency Test scores (taken within 2 years) of at least 67 for CU-TEP, or 525 for TOEFL (Paper-based) / 197 (Computer-based) / 71 (Internet-based), or 5.5 for IELTS. Applicants who have scores of 45 CU-TEP or 450+ TOEFL or 4.0+ IELTS but less than the requirements have to comply with the requirements before graduation.
How to apply
133,900 THB / Semester – Summer Semester 70,840 THB / Semester
48,000 THB / Semester – Summer Semester 12,000 THB / Semester
For further information on tuition fees and up-to-date scholarships which are available to both Thai and international students, please contact the Program Office website and follow an announcement from the Faculty of Dentistry and the Graduate school, Chulalongkorn University.
Graduate Studies Office
Faculty of Dentistry
34 Henri-Dunant Road,